The Virtues Project
Salcombe's Values Education Programme
Salcombe employs 'The Virtues Project' which was honoured by the United Nations as a model programme for families of all cultures.
Our Values education supports the ethos of the School (The Salcombe Way) by:
- developing character and building citizenship, leadership and critical thinking;
- providing a code for living together in the School a code of care and respect;
- developing purpose, consistency, unity and a sense of belonging;
- providing clear boundaries and expectations for behaviour; and
- assisting teachers to recognise the special characteristics and talents of every student.
How the programme works
Identified values are introduced to the pupils at our weekly Assemblies and reinforced by stories and songs to help assimilate the value. They are then reinforced House meetings and within their classroom programmes. Since the weekly virtue is recorded in the newsletter 'News@Salcombe', parents can help ensure the children have a good understanding of the value by discussing the weekly Virtue at home.