Inspiring the Love of Learning through strong Pastoral Care
Since we believe that pastoral care is a shared responsibility between parents and School, we endeavour to work in partnership to create a strong and caring community where every child can feel welcome, safe and supported. In addition we believe that an effective school-wide system of pastoral care for children is essential in fostering emotional intelligence and resilience which are important factors in the girls' and boys' academic sporting and cultural success.
Our Salcombe Pastoral Care system is designed to:
- assist in building and enhancing a positive school culture;
- develop our children into thoughtful, caring independent, reliable and responsible members of the School family and the wider community;
- encourage and nurture the development of virtues, the gifts of character, which enable all children to live and work positively together as they should as adults
- celebrate the successes of our teachers and children in all endeavours; and to
- appreciate each child's uniqueness and aim to provide many opportunities where our children may participate, contribute to, and be valued for their differences.
In these ways we aspire to assist pupil's personal development by encouraging each to:
- enjoy a feeling of success in their lives;
- develop self-confidence and self-esteem;
- develop a sense of responsibility for their actions;
- develop a positive, self-reliant attitude to learning in general and school in particular; and
- develop an attitude of care, concern and social responsibility towards others.